We collect personal information when you sign up for YLOODrive when you use our platform, and when you contact us. This information may include your name, email address, phone number, and payment information. We also collect information about your use of our platform, including the services you use, the bookings you make, and the messages you send.
We use your personal information to provide and improve our services, to communicate with you, and to personalise your experience on our platform. We may also use your information to send you marketing communications unless you opt-out.
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We restrict access to your personal information to those who need it to provide our services, and we use secure third-party hosting providers like Amazon Web Services (AWS) to store your data. All customer data is stored in AWS Sydney data centers.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services and to comply with legal obligations. If you request that we delete your information, we will make reasonable efforts to do so, unless we are required to retain it for legal or legitimate business purposes.
Our platform is not intended for use by children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16.
At YLOODrive, we value the trust that our not-for-profit customers place in us. We understand the importance of protecting the privacy of your data and your customers’ data. We guarantee that we will never sell or share your data or your customers’ data with third parties for any purpose. Additionally, we commit to not engaging in any advertising activities targeted either at your organisation or your customers. Our priority is to provide a secure and privacy-focused service that enables you to focus on your mission without any concerns about data privacy or unsolicited advertising.
In Australia, the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) regulate how personal information is collected, stored, used, and disclosed. Key principles include:
● Transparent management of personal information
● Collection of personal information (only collect what’s necessary)
● Notification of the collection of personal information
● Use and disclosure of personal information (use only for the purpose it was collected)
● Data quality and security (ensure information is accurate, up-to-date, and secure)
● Access and correction of personal information (allow users to access and correct their information)
In New Zealand, the Privacy Act 2020 and the Information Privacy Principles (IPPs) govern the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information. Key principles include:
● Purpose of collection (collect information only for a lawful purpose)
● Source of personal information (collect directly from the individual)
● Collection of information from the subject (inform the individual when collecting their information)
● Manner of collection (collect in a lawful and non-intrusive manner)
● Storage and security of personal information (protect against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure)
● Access and correction (provide individuals with access to and the ability to correct their information)
In the United Kingdom, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 regulate the processing of personal data. Key principles include:
● Lawfulness, fairness, and transparency (process data lawfully, fairly, and transparently)
● Purpose limitation (collect data for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes)
● Data minimisation (collect only what is necessary for the purpose)
● Accuracy (ensure data is accurate and up-to-date)
● Storage limitation (retain data only for as long as necessary)
● Integrity and confidentiality (ensure data is secure and protected against unauthorized access, loss, or damage)
Cookies play an important role in helping us provide effective and safe Services. Below is a description of the commonly used cookie types and the purposes that apply to them. Each section references YLOODrive’s Cookie Settings Dashboard, where you can find more information about each cookie, and exercise your choices.
Some cookies are essential to the operation of our Site and Services and make it usable and secure by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the Site. We use those cookies in a number of different ways, including:
● Authentication – To remember your login state so you don’t have to log in as you navigate through our Site and dashboard.
● Security. To protect user data from unauthorized access.
● Functionality. To keep our Site and Services working correctly, like showing you the right information for your selected location.
Preference cookies are used by YLOODrive to remember your preferences and to recognise you when you return to our Services.
Analytics cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our Services. We use those cookies in a number of different ways, including:
● Site Features and Services. Remember how you prefer to use our Services so that you don’t have to reconfigure your settings each time you log into your account.
● To Analyse and Improve Our Services. To make our Site and Services work better for You. Cookies help us understand how people reach our Site and our Users’ sites. They give us insights into improvements or enhancements we need to make to our Site and Services.
● Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs). May be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of Users (such as email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
● Third Party Analytics. Through Google Analytics in order to collect and analyse information about the use of the Services and report on activities and trends. This service may also collect information regarding the use of other sites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices on the Google website. See further details below on how to manage these cookies.
Can I opt out?
Yes. You can opt out of cookies through our Cookie Settings Dashboard, with the exception of those cookies that are necessary to provide you with our Services. Your web browser may allow you to manage your cookie preferences, including deleting and disabling YLOODrive cookies. You can take a look at the help section of your web browser or follow the links below to understand your options. If you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Site or Services may not operate as intended. For information on browsers see,
At YLOODrive, we are committed to ensuring the security of our users’ information. We have implemented various security measures to safeguard user data and protect it from unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. YLOODrive uses Amazon Web Services (AWS) to store customer data in Sydney, Australia. We take appropriate measures to ensure the security of your data while it is being stored in AWS, including using encryption, access controls, and regular security audits. By using YLOODrive, you agree to the storage of your data in AWS. For more information, visit https://aws.amazon.com/privacy/
● Data Storage: YLOODrive stores customer data securely in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Sydney Region. AWS is a reputable cloud service provider with robust security infrastructure and a proven track record in data protection.
● Authentication: We utilise AWS Passport.js for authentication, which is a widely-used, secure authentication middleware for Node.js applications. Passport.js ensures secure user authentication and maintains the confidentiality of user credentials.
● Encryption: All data transmitted between users and our servers is encrypted using industry-standard encryption protocols, such as SSL/TLS, to maintain data privacy and security.
● Access Control: We have implemented strict access control measures, allowing only authorised personnel with a legitimate need to access user data in order to provide our services. This minimises the risk of unauthorized access or data breaches.
● Regular Security Audits: YLOODrive conducts periodic security audits to assess the effectiveness of our security measures and identify potential vulnerabilities. This allows us to address any issues proactively and maintain a high level of security.
● Security Updates and Patches: We continuously monitor and apply the latest security updates and patches to our systems, ensuring that our infrastructure remains protected against known security threats.
By employing these security measures, YLOODrive is dedicated to protecting user information and maintaining the trust of our customers.